Chicken Enchilada Casserole
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (15.5-oz.) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15.25-oz.) can corn, drained
- 3 cups cooked, shredded chicken
- 1 (4.5-oz.) can diced green chilies
- 2 (10-oz.) cans enchilada sauce
- 18 corn tortillas
- 2 cups shredded cheddar
- 2 cups shredded Monterrey jack
- Sour cream, for garnish
- Freshly chopped cilantro, for garnish
- Diced avocado, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Add onion and pepper and cook until soft, 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 minute more. Add beans, corn, chicken, and green chilis and cook until warmed through, 5 minutes. Reserve ½ cup enchilada sauce then pour remaining sauce into skillet, stirring to combine.
- Spread reserved ½ cup enchilada sauce into a 9”-x-13” then layer 6 tortillas inpan, overlapping to cover the entire pan. Pour . of mixture over tortillas then top with about . of each cheese. Top with another layer of tortillas and repeat to make 2 more layers, finishing with cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until cheese is melty and sauce is bubbling.
- Garnish with sour cream, cilantro, and avocado.