Skip to content
- 8 ounces package of sliced fresh mushrooms.
- 2 tbsps of melted butter.
- 6 skinned and boned chicken breasts.
- ½ cup of all purpose flour.
- ⅓ cup of butter.
- ½ cup of chicken broth.
- ½ tsp of salt.
- ⅛ tsp of pepper.
- ½ cup of shredded mozzarella cheese.
- ½ cup of parmesan cheese.
- 2 chopped green onions.
- In a large nonstick skillet, melt 2 tbsps of butter over medium high heat and sauté the mushrooms for 3 to 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Cut each chicken breast in half lengthwise and place them between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap and flatten to ⅛ inch thickness.
- Coat the chicken in the flour and cook for 3 to 4 minutes per side in 1 or 2 tbsps of butter over medium heat in a nonstick large skillet. Remove the chicken from the skillet and leave the drippings in the skillet.
- Sprinkle the mushrooms over the chicken.
- In the same skillet, add the broth and boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes stirring occasionally. Season with salt and pepper and pour the sauce over the chicken.
- In a bowl, mix together the cheeses and onions and sprinkle over the chicken.
- In a preheated oven to 450°, bake the chicken for 12 to 14 minutes.