Slow Cooker Sesame Chicken
I needed something for dinner that didn’t require a lot of attention so I went looking for a Slow Cooker recipe. I came across this and I fell in love. It sounded so good and I wasn’t disappointed. This is so easy to make you almost forget that you had anything cooking until you smell the awesome mixture of honey and soy sauce teasing your nose.
There isn’t a whole lot I can tell you about this recipe because it is so simple. Don’t let it cook for more that 4 hours or the chicken will be a little tough. 3 hours is the best. When you mix the cornstarch and water, make sure it is thoroughly mixed and the cornstarch totality dissolved. If it is not totally dissolved, you will have a floury texture which is not what you want. Boil some rice, add your favorite vegetable, a glass of dry white wine and enjoy your evening.
Eat and be Happy
November 7, 2018
- 1 1/2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup honey
- sesame seeds to taste
- Spread chicken into the crock of a slow cooker.
- Stir honey, soy sauce, ketchup, minced onion, vegetable oil, and garlic powder together in a bowl; pour over the chicken.
- Cook on Low until the chicken is tender, 3 to 4 hours.
- Remove chicken from the sauce in the slow cooker to a cutting board.
- Stir water and cornstarch together to dissolve cornstarch completely; pour into the sauce in the slow cooker until smooth.
- Cook on High until slightly thickened, about 10 minutes.
- Cut chicken into bite-size pieces and stir into the sauce. Sprinkle sesame seeds over the chicken and sauce mixture