Skip to content
Ground Turkey with Broccoli Pasta
January 6, 2020
- 1 box spiral pasta (12-16 oz box)
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 16 -20 ounces ground turkey
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (divided)
- 8 ounces broccoli florets (cut to be bite-sized)
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- Cook the pasta according to the instructions on the package. During the last 2 minutes of cooking, add the broccoli.
- Drain the broccoli and pasta and return to the pot. Cover and set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium high heat.
- Add the turkey, paprika, garlic, red pepper flakes and salt.
- Break the turkey into pieces, while cooking until browned. (see notes)
- Add the turkey mixture, the remaining olive oil, and the fresh basil to the pasta pot
- Mix until combined.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese when serving (or mix in just prior to serving).