Here’s a recipe that I cobbled together from several paces and a little experimentation.
- 2 pounds Lean Ground Beef
- 1 cup Italian Bread Crumbs
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Line a 9x5 loaf pan with parchment paper and preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Sauté onion and minced garlic in butter until soft and fragrant
- In a large bowl, combine the beef, egg, onion, milk and bread crumbs. Mix well to combine
- Add meat to the loaf pan and gently press meat down and shape evenly. Season with salt and pepper. Bake for 40 minutes.
- In a small bowl mix all all the ingredients together for the sauce. Spread the sauce over meatloaf and return to the oven and bake for another 15 - 20 minutes.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting.