Skip to content
Split Pea Soup – Instant Pot
- 3 tablespoons Butter
- 1 Diced Onion
- 2 ribs Celery
- 2 Carrots Diced
- 6 ounces Diced Ham
- 1 pound Dry Split Peas
- 6 cups Chicken broth
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Turn pressure cooker to the \"sauté\" setting.
- Melt butter (3 tablespoons) and sauté onion, celery, and carrots, seasoned with salt and pepper to taste, for about 5 minutes, until softened.
- Add the split peas, chicken stock (6 cups), diced cooked ham), and the 3 bay leaves.
- Cover pressure cooker and set to manual, high pressure for 15 minutes.
- Allow the pressure to naturally release for 10-15 minutes.
- Taste and adjust seasonings if necessary. Serve immediately, or store in your refrigerator for up to 1 week or freezer in an airtight container for up to 6 months.