Skip to content
Chicken Pot Pie
- 1/3 cup Butter
- 1/3 cup All purpose Flour
- 1/3 cup Diced onions
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 3/4 cups chicken broth
- 8 pounds cut up chicken
- 1 package 10 oz frozen peas and carrots
- 1 package (15 oz) refrigerated pie crusts, softened as directed on box
- In 2-quart saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in flour, onion, salt and pepper. Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture is bubbly; remove from heat. Stir in broth and milk. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly. Boil and stir 1 minute. Stir in chicken and peas and carrots; remove from heat.
- Heat oven to 425°F. Roll 1 pie crust into 13-inch square. Ease into ungreased 9-inch (2-quart) glass baking dish. Pour chicken mixture into crust-lined dish.
- Roll remaining pie crust into 11-inch square. Cut out designs with 1-inch cookie cutter. Place square over chicken mixture. Arrange cutouts on top crust. Turn edges of pie crust under; flute edge.
- Bake about 35 minutes or until golden brown.