Who doesn’t love a good Cheeseburger. Okay, vegetarians not withstanding, I love cheeseburgers. Here is a dish that will please everyone on your family. Although I love bacon, I left the bacon out when I made it. (I admit it, I was out of bacon and didn’t want to go to the store). Make sure you use lean ground beef and drain it well after it is cooked. If you don’t, it will make the crust greasy. Cover the edges of the pie crust to prevent over cooking.
I really enjoyed this dish. It warmed up well the next day as well. I have served it green beans and with fries. You can serve anything as a side dish or just have more pie. 😉
- 1 uncooked pie crust (store bought or prepared)
- 2 cup shredded cheddar cheese 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 3 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1/3 cup panko bread crumbs
- 5 slices raw bacon, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/4 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Brown ground beef, onion and bacon until no pink remains. Drain well. Remove from heat and stir in bread crumbs, mustard, barbecue sauce, ketchup, Worcestershire and pepper. Place mixture in prepared pie crust.
- In a small bowl, combine cheese, milk and egg. Spread over meat mixture.
- Cover the edges of the pie crust with foil or a pie shield to prevent over browning. Bake 15 minutes, remove foil and bake an additional 15 minutes.