Skip to content
- 12 ounces pasta, any variety
- 8 pieces thick cut bacon (diced small)
- 1/2 whole medium onion, diced small
- 1/2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 whole eggs
- 3/4 cup finely grated Parmesan
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Salt and plenty of black pepper
- 1 cup peas
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- While the pasta is cooking, fry the bacon until just barely crisp. Remove from the pan and drain on paper towels. Pour off all of the bacon grease, but don\'t clean the pan. Return the pan to the stove over medium-low heat and throw in the onions and garlic. Cook until golden brown. Set aside.
- In a bowl, mix together eggs, Parmesan, cream, and salt and pepper until smooth.
- When the pasta is done, reserve a cup or two of the pasta water. Drain the pasta and place it in a bowl. While the pasta is still really hot, slowly drizzle in the egg mixture, stirring the pasta the whole time. The sauce will become thick and should coat the pasta. Splash in a little hot pasta water if needed for consistency.
- Halfway through, add the peas, bacon, and sautéed onion/garlic. Finish adding the sauce, stirring until it\'s all combined.
- Serve immediately with extra Parmesan.